Greenlight Bookstore at Brooklyn, NYC (via meyemory)
Alexandra Snowdon | http://snowdondesignandcraft.com
I design and produce high quality, eco-friendly cards, bags and fine art prints. Setting very high standards for myself, I take pride in my work from the original design through to the finished product.
So, I’m sitting here with Marley watching cartoons because that’s what kids do. Apparently they’ve “modernized” the Looney Tunes. All I can say is: WOW! The animals are all grown up and…sort of trashy. Yikes. They’re slowly ruining every tv show I loved when I was a kid. What the heck?!
There are no papers to grade.
There are no lessons to plan.
There is no need to wake up at the crack of dawn tomorrow.
tomisswithlove asked: We have a lot in common. Except the liking cats part. I am entering my first year of teaching English and am enjoying your blog.
Thank you so much! I’m truly flattered. Good luck in your first year. It will be exhausting and amazing!
Spending the last few days of school grading is one thing. Being sick on top of it…that’s just not fair.
1. He dances like this at parties
2. He can do this with his face
3. He quit smoking 3 years ago like a badass
4. He loves his family and mama a whole lot
5. He also fucking loves his dogs and animals in general
classy as fuck
6. He uses his fame wisely. He is extremely devoted in animal, wildlife and human welfare and charities, like the WWF, and encourages his fans to petition and donate with him. Leo helps save tigers and elephants and whales and more. He donated a fucking million dollars to Haiti. He had a giant birthday party, but all the guests had to donate money for wildlife efforts. When he won his ONLY Golden Globe for The Aviator, in his speech he urged the audience to contribute to the earthquake relief at that time. He is currently taking a break with acting to rest and to focus more on this stuff. He is a fucking green superhero
that is a candid photo bitch
7. He has been besties with Kate Winslet since Titanic, he even made a ring for her, and he spoils her kids. Kate’s ex husbands are all scared of Leo because Kate loves him so much and he could probably beat them up if they ever hurt her and they should get married but that’s a whole other damn story just look at them
ps kate says of all her sex scenes she does in films (like a lot) she liked working with him the best. damn girl just friends?
8. He has also been besties with Tobey Maguire since they were little kids and they are such dorks
9. This picture
are you not in love yet
10. He grew up in a shitty ghetto area of LA surrounded by crime and drugs, so he vowed never to get involved with that stuff. Have you seen a mug shot of him? Noooo
11. Lol when his hair gets too long he wears a fucking headband
12. He’s ironing on a fucking roof
13. The fact that he always fucking walks like this
he just loves to walk okay
14. He is just a classy, suave motherfucker
15. Also as serious as he seems most of the time, he used to do photo-shoots like this:
this post literally just cancelled all the unexplained negative feelings i had for leonardo dicaprio
I don’t understand people who have something against Leo. I never have and I never will.
This is awesome.
I can almost say that I have completed my first year of teaching. I only have 3 more half days left. Well, that and a lot of grading. It’s had its ups and its downs. Many days resembled a roller coaster ride.
I think I struggled the most during the time between spring break and the end of the year. The weather was nice (for the most part) and the end of the year was in sight. Everyone (including the instructor) was antsy. I was going through some personal turmoil. While I tried to keep it at home, I worry that it may have seeped into my school life as well.
I learned a lot about myself this year. I hope that my students were able to learn something from me as well. I think that they did. *fingers crossed*
I sat down with my AP today and had my final evaluation. I was happy to learn that I scored an even 3.0 (after a brief discussion wherein I debated a few scores). Guys! I’m an “effective” teacher. I’m okay with that for being a first year teacher.
I struggle with the idea of being the “mean” teacher, though. I think that having high expectations is important. Being flexible is important as well. It’s a balancing act. I’m still struggling to find that balance. Maybe I didn’t handle every situation with a calm demeanor, but I did the best I could. I started each day with a fresh face and didn’t hold anything from the day before against my students.
Now I’m faced with a decision - a very tough one. I have been doing the long distance relationship thing for the last nine months. I’m not going to lie and say that it’s been easy. It hasn’t. It’s hard to be away from those you love. It’s hard to start creating a life together from 2 hours away. So, what do I do next year? What if I don’t find a job in his area? What do I do then?